June 24, 2013

Ricoh GR Jacket

One of the accessories that I thought would be ideal for the GRD IV was a leather half-case, so I was pleased to hear that Ricoh had designed the Jacket GC-6 for their new GR camera. It's currently not yet available in the states and I'm not sure if they've started shipping it to other markets. Being a somewhat impatient guy when it comes to accessories like this, I ordered one from a very reliable eBay merchant in Tokyo and got it in three days.

The jacket uses real leather, is very well made and fits the GR like a glove. The bottom features a nicely designed tripod socket button with an integrated collar you pull up to make it easy securing the half-case to the camera.

I'm sure one of the design goals was to not increase the overall size of the GR with case on and sacrifice the cameras compact size. It's still easy for me to fit the jacket-clad GR in my jeans and my only regret is that I didn't have this on my recent 4,000 mile trip through the western US to give it a real workout.

I've included photos below of the GC-6 jacket from just about every angle so you get a really good idea of its fit, construction and how it wraps around the GR. Photos were shot with the GRD IV. Click on any image to see a larger file.


























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment